Archive for the ‘You better hurry up and know’ Category
It’s A Racket!
If you remember the housing bubble, then you should remember when it burst. Well get ready for the Housing Bubble Burst Part II
Location, Location and don’t forget, did I mention Location Your agent wants to close the deal. It really don’t matter to them if it’s near a nuclear plant or a waste dump. That being said, check out the surroundings of the property.
Take into consideration that stop lights are a health hazard in that exhaust fumes from cars stopping idling from 15 seconds to 3 minutes and starting up in four different directions. A round-a-bout is not as bad as a stop sign. A 4-way-stop intersection is the worst. By law every vehicle has to slow down, stop, idle then accelerate. This will be going on in all four directions. So you may want to rethink the highly promoted corner lot and take these into consideration.
Another health hazard is properties near power sub-stations. Electrical companies deny cancer clusters ever exist but why take the chance. They are all about the money and don’t want law suits. There are warning signs posted all over. Why would you want to live near it.
Yet another controversial location is near a cell tower. A cell tower is a relay system for cell phones. You cell phone is a high frequency low power transceiver and it’s signal is picked up by these towers and amplified and retransmitted. Some towers are set up to retransmit signals from other cell towers. Why subject your family to highly amplified high frequencies? It’s not worth the investment.
Near a freeway, don’t even think about it. Not only do you have to contend with the noise, but the exhaust fumes from gas and diesel fueled vehicles that travel up and down the freeway 24 hours a day. What happens when there are frequent traffic backups? Idling vehicles, diesel and gas. If you care about your family, stay away. Your agent will not be concerned about your future health, closing is their game.
The H O A. (Home Owner’s Association) Do your really want to pay someone to tell you what you can and can’t do on you own property? hold up, wait a minute, your city, county and state code enforcement officer does that, so you already have three, do you really need another?
The highly advertised Bus stop. If you have asthma or any other respiratory illness you want to stay as far away from living at a bus stop as you can. A vehicle stopping and starting by your home every 15 min……not a good thing. If you don’t have a respiratory problem now…you will. Admittedly, this is an extreme example. this home is on the corner, a bus stop right at the garage, at a stop light and a cell tower across the street. That’s before you even look at the inside of the house.
Check the area’s flood plane map. The is as elevation in most every area that will always flood. Compare the flood plane with the elevation and find out the elevation of the property you are considering. I don’t have to tell you that the elevation of your property should be substantially higher than the flood plane.
The Greenbelt. These areas are promoted in areas where no other construction is allowed. While it may seem nice to live near a green belt, there are restrictions and research need to be done to find out what can and can’t be done on your property. Various restrictions apply so thoroughly do your research to assure that the restrictions would not hinder your ambitions now or in the future.
Industrial Areas. After reading this far, do I really need to explain why this area is not a good idea. But I will say this, trucks, noise, traffic and I don’t want to get into what is stored, shipped in and out of these areas.
Railroad Tracks. Really!!!
To Be Continued…….
power needed x 2 = inverter power
if you needed 250 watts
250 X 2 = 500
500 would be your inverter power
inverter power / 500 = batteries @ 100ah
500 / 500 = 1 battery @ 100am
if your inverter power was 750-1000 watts you would want 2 batteries @ 100ah
if your inverter power was 2000 watts you would want 4 100ah batteries.
solar panels = 90 watts x 100ah batteries
if you had 1 100ah battery you would want 90 watts of solar panels to be useful
keep in mind that 15 watts = approx. 1 amp. an ideal charging rate is 10 amps which is about 150 watts.
if you had 2 100ah batteries you would want 180 watts of solar panels.
Don’t get me wrong, you can have a 45 watt solar panel system but don’t let your battery go flat 11.9 volts you will be days on end to top off your 100ah battery
The ideal beginner solar system would be 500 watt inverter, 1 100ah battery and 90 watts of solar panels.
Who are those seemingly healthy people that can not control their bladder? Who are those people that can not control their bowels? When you look at the larger scheme of things, one has to wonder if their bodies are not shutting down or going through some sort of devolution. All you have to do is look at the commercials on TV. Adult diapers and all sorts of medications are on the market. Who are those people? Who are those people that can’t control their weight? Surely those people are not eating genetically modified food.
Why do so many of those people need dialysis every week. And one of the biggest and most concerning questions….Why are there so many of those men that can’t get it up? Never in my life have I ever imagined such a crisis…so much so that it has been given a new name “Erectile dysfunction”. Get real. it’s called being impotent, as in, you are not potent. You no longer have the ability to have sex without the use of drugs.
What is being prepared for, when there is test tube reproduction? Why is it so important to find other ways of reproduction? Who benefits from in vitro-fertilization?. Why has the industry for fertility drugs grown so rapidly and is so lucrative. Who are those people that need these drugs and procedures? By not being able to reproduce does this mean that those people will soon become extinct?
Another industry that has me really baffled is the tanning industry. Being black in America has negative connotations, yet there is a multi-billion dollar industry to make you dark. At first it seemed that just the suntan lotion was just to protect pale skinned people from the sun. But I later found out that it is formulated to give you a gradual tan so as not to burn. Then the pink elephant in the room turned brown. Who were these tanning booths developed for? Who are those people and why do they need a tan.
Getting back to all these drugs on the market..why would you take a drug for an allergy that causes you to have a host of other problems cause by the side effects of the drug. Surely those people realize that synthetic drugs are created in a lab. I could go on and on but you get the gist.
Who are those people that don’t know that radiation causes cancer and goes through air port body scanners? Who are those people tested for cancer with a CT scan, which causes cancer? I refuse to get a tooth pulled if it include taking an X-ray.
Speaking of cancer, in the scientific world, a result would have to be positively replicated in order for it to be scientific fact. Therefore since there are thousands of men and women walking around today 80 and 90 years old and has been smoking since they were pre-teens, you can’t say that smoking causes cancer. Saying that it may cause cancer makes me wonder who was the genius that came up with that conclusion. Surely not a scientist. It is a known fact that radiation causes cancer, yet, every day, those people voluntarily expose themselves to radiation at airports, doctor’s office, dentist’s office, check points (coming soon) and a host of other places.
To be continued.
Take your chances and check your prices
Thursday evening I decided I would clean up some old wood in preparation for fall cleaning. I Loaded up the trailer with the intention of taking it to land recovery. After unloading it and paying the clerk we proceeded to Lowes. I thought I pick up some lumber and a few cinder blocks to build a shed for my garden tools. The lawn mower had to be jumped the last few times I used it so I’m going to pick up a battery. I check online and found the battery for my little Yard Bug. We entered Lowes into the lumber section. I walked all the way down to the lawn and garden area to pick up the battery. Lucky I bought the old battery because the core charge is 5.00. I proceeded to pick up the concrete blocks hmmmm 1.29 ea. great deal. I picked up six of them. I then went over to lumber to pick up 10 2X4X8s. There were none within reach so we had to wait for 25 minutes for someone to come off break to operate the forklift. After loading 10 of them on the cart with the blocks and battery, I then proceeded to the checkout. There I was informed that Lowes only accepts core charges for batteries from Lowes. I kindly told the clerk that he could take the battery off the cart. The clerk counted the 2X4’s 3 times before I had to finally tell him there were 10 of them. Now for the 1.29 cinder blocks, they all of a sudden morphed into 1.37 ea. I told the clerk that it wasn’t the right price, he rang them up at 1.37 ea. anyway. After I paid the clerk, I went back and got the display tab and took it back to show the clerk. He looked it up in the book and there it was, 1.29 ea. He kindly informed me that I could get my refund at the service desk.
Ok, what have we here? Lowes will not accept my battery as core charge. I had to wait 25 minutes to get some 2x4s. I was over charged for cinder blocks after telling the clerk that the price wasn’t right. After all was said and done I didn’t even get an apology.
Another thing that I picked up on was, they usually expect a customer to buy the battery and return later with the core. Which in this case, they would not honor the core refund because it is not a Lowes battery. Nowhere is it stated that they only accept batteries as cores that were bought from Lowes.
It was a long walk to the customer service and along the way I found a solution. I’ll just get a total refund and furthermore discontinue shopping at Lowes.
This is not an advocation to boycott Lowes. Where you shop is your business. But please, where ever you shop, check the prices. Sometimes there are mistakes and sometimes it could be misleading. In any case, you should know what the price is before you get the checkout. Demand courtesy and professionalism.
1. In 1892, 118 Years ago Today, L. F. Brown received Patent for Bridle bit Patent No. 484,994.
2. In 1940, 70 Years ago Today, Benjamin O. Davis Sr became the first Black general in US Army.
3. In 1940, Black newspaper owner’s group, the NNPA (Negro Newspaper Publishers Association), is founded.The group later changed its name to the National Newspaper Publishers Association.
4. In 1958, An estimated 10,000 students led by Jackie Robinson, Harry Belafonte, and labor leader A. Phillip Randolph, participate in a youth march for integrated schools in Washington, D.C.
5. In 1976, A full pardon is granted to Clarence “Willie” Norris, the last known survivor of the nine “Scottsboro Boys.” The group of black men had been framed in a 1931 conviction for allegedly raping two white women.
6. In 1990, Evander Holyfield knocks out James “Buster” Douglas in the third round to become the undisputed world heavyweight champion.
7. In 1992, 18 Years ago Today, Cito Gaston, as manager of the Toronto Blue Jays, became the first Black Manager to lead a Major League Baseball team to win a world series title, defeating the Atlanta Braves.
8. in 1994 Susan Smith (a white woman) set off a nationwide man hunt when she claimed that a Black Man had car jacked her and kidnapped her two young children. It was later revealed that she had murdered her two boys by buckling them in her car and driving them into a lake.
9. In 1997, 13 Years ago Today, The Million Woman March in Philadelphia at the Museum Of Art included Winnie Mandela and Maxine Waters as Keynote Speakers.
1. Kweisi Mfume (Frizzell Gerald Gray), Activist, Former NAACP President, five-term Democratic Congressman from Maryland’s 7th congressional district, serving in the 100th through 104th Congress.
2. Perry Lee Tavares, R&B Artist, a member of the Grammy award winning R&B, funk and soul music group Tavares composed of five brothers from New Bedford, Massachusetts.
3. Monica Denise Arnold, professionally known as Monica, is an American R&B singer, songwriter, and occasional actress. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Arnold was a member of Charles Thompson and the Majestics, a traveling 12-piece gospel choir prior to signing a solo recording contract with Arista Records in 1995. In 1991, at the age of eleven, Monica was discovered by music producer Dallas Austin at the Center Stage auditorium in Atlanta performing Whitney Houston 1986’s Greatest Love Of All.
5. Adrienne Eliza Bailon, actress, singer-songwriter, dancer, and television personality. She was a member of former girl groups 3LW and The Cheetah Girls, and is also known for her roles in the Disney Channel Original Movie of the same name and latter sequels which brought the group to prominence. She is currently a solo artist via Island Def Jam, as well as hosts afternoon programming and other events for MTV.
1. In 1888, 122 Years ago Today, A. B. Blackburn received Patent for Cash carrier
2. In 1947, 63 Years ago Today, NAACP petition on racism, “An Appeal to the World,” presented to United Nations.
3. In 1989, Charles Stuart (A White Man), shot and killed his pregnant wife, Carol Stuart. His accusation that a black man was responsible inflamed racial tensions in Boston.