2. Charles Edward Anderson the first African American to earn a Ph.D. in Meteorology.
3. Jimmy McCracklin- West coast blues singers
4. Dave (Baby) Cortez, Rock-n-roll organist
5. Frank (Son) Seals, Chicago blues guitarist
6. Kathleen Battle, operatic soprano, winner of Grammy awards in 1987 and 1988.
7. Dawnn Lewis, actress and singer, perhaps best known for her roles on sitcoms such as A Different World and in the first season of Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper.
8. Dennis Powell, Major League Baseball Player