By Stacy M. Brown NNPA Contributor A source whom can only be identified as a ‘neutral’ Montgomery County Court official, claims a tape played in court that helped convict Bill Cosby was either doctored or partly erased and the original recording contained information that would exonerate the comedian. “No one in the media, no one […]
Archive for the ‘Actions Against Blacks’ Category
1. In 1899, 112 Years ago Today, B. F. Jackson received Patent for Gas burner
2. In 1968, Tragedy at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tenn. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated
3. In 1989, Colin Luther Powell Promoted to the rank of Four Star General:
4. In 2009, Little Anthony and the Imperials are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the 24th annual ceremony. Smokey Robinson is their presenter.
In 2015, Walter Scott was murdered in North Charleston, South Carolina, following a daytime traffic stop for a brake light. Scott, a black man, was fatally shot by Michael Slager, a white North Charleston police officer. The video proved an unarmed Scott was shot in the back while fleeing.
2. In 1977, Gertrude Downing invented the corner cleaner attachment.
3. In 2007, white radio personality Don Imus used racist and sexist statement on the air.
Imus made his remarks during his show to describe the Rutgers University women’s basketball team. The team includes eight black women, who had had lost the day before in the NCAA women’s championship game. Imus was speaking with producer Bernard McGuirk about the game when the exchange began on “Imus in the Morning,” which is broadcast to millions of people on more than 70 stations and MSNBC.
The remarks were as follows: “That’s some rough girls from Rutgers,” Imus said. “Man, they got tattoos…” “Some hardcore hos,” McGuirk said. “That’s some nappy-headed hos there, I’m going to tell you that,” Imus said. Later in the week calling himself a good person who said a bad thing, Imus said “Here’s what I’ve learned: that you can’t make fun of everybody, because some people don’t deserve it,” “And because the climate on this program has been what it’s been for 30 years doesn’t mean it’s going to be what it’s been for the next five years or whatever.”