1. In 1604, William Shakespeare’s great play “Othello” was first performed at Whitehall Palace in London. It is the earliest known European play with a black lead character.
2. In 1866, America’s first Civil Rights Act is passed over the veto of President Andrew Johnson.
3. . In 1898, C. W. Allen received Patent for Self- Leveling Table
4. In 1910, Scholar and political activist WEB DuBois began publication of NAACP monthly magazine the Crisis.
5. In 1945, First issue of Ebony magazine published by John H. Johnson.
6. In 1951, Jet Magazine founded by Ebony Magazine Publisher J. H. Johnson.
7. In 1989, David Dinkins elected mayor of New York City.
8. in 1991, Clarence Thomas takes his seat on the United States Supreme Court.