1. in 1820, Irish Catholics bring Halloween to America where it first gains popularity among the lower classes and becomes heavily influenced by both American Indian and slave superstitions.
2. In 1893, C. B. Brooks received Patent for Punch
3. In 1893, Football player, William Henry Lewis, named All-American.
4. In 1893, Granville T. Woods Received Patent for Electric railway supply system.
5. In 1899, W. F. Burr, patents Railway Switching device. Patent # 636,197
6. In 1945, Educator, Booker T Washington, inducted into the Hall of Fame for Great Americans.
7. In 1954, M. L. King Jr. becomes the twentieth pastor of Dexter Ave. Church.
8. In 1969, Riot in Jacksonville, Florida. a white delivery truck driver thinking his truck is being robbed, shot a Black Man, Buck Riley in his leg. When Buck Riley ran, shots were heard by a group realizing a white man appeared to be shooting at a group of Black children. The crowd grew quickly, eventually bringing around 300 people into the street. The unrest took over Florida Avenue, with the crowd tearing apart and setting fire to storefronts and turning over vehicles. There were no charges filed against the truck driver or Riley.
9. In 2008, Evolver, by John Legend Top R&B Album
10. In 2008, If I Were A Boy, by Beyonce Is top R&B Download