1. In 1891, P. B. Downing received Patent for Mail Box
2. In 1896, W. Purdy Received Patent for Device for sharpening edged tools
3. In 1931, R. B. Spikes Received Patent for Method & apparatus for obtaining average samples & temperature of tank liquids
4. In 1954, Benjamin O. Davis Jr. Became General in the U.S. Air Force.
5. In 1960, President John F. Kennedy intervenes to get Martin Luther King, Jr., released from the Georgia State Prison in Reidsville where he had been imprisoned because of his civil rights activities.
6. In 1981, Former United Nations Ambassador Andrew Young is elected mayor of Atlanta, becoming the city’s second black mayor.