1. In 1906, Three thousand Blacks demonstrated and rioted in Philadelphia to protest a theatrical presentation of Thomas Dixon’s The Clansman. Sixty-two Blacks reported lynched in 1906.
2. In 1940, P.L. Julian et al. received Patent for Recovery of Sterols
3. In 1950, Charles Cooper joins the NBA and becomes one of the first Blacks to play in an NBA game.
4. In 1950, Nat Clifton joins the NBA and becomes one of the first Blacks to play in an NBA game.
5. In 1953, Neurological Surgeon Clarence S. Green becomes the first African-American certified in neurological surgery.
6. In 1955, The first black post office open, Atlanta GA.
7. In 1963, Some 225,000 students boycotted Chicago schools in Freedom Day protest of de facto segregation.
8. In 2009, President Obama Signs Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act