1. In 1777, Connecticut adopted a policy whereby White slave masters could avoid service in the army by providing one of his slaves to fight for America freedom. The policy to allow slaves to substitute for White masters spread throughout the colonies.
2. In 1867, Monroe Baker, named mayor of St. Martin, Louisiana.
3. In 1875, H. H. Nash Received Patent for Life-Preserving stool
4. In 1886, M. Headen received Patent for Foot Powerd Hammer
5. In 1897, J. H. Evans received Patent for Convertible Settees
6. In 1942, Marian Anderson accepted the invitation to sing at Constitution Hall.