1. In 1787, U.S. Constitution approved at Philadelphia convention with three clauses protecting slavery.
2. In 1861, Hampton Institute founded.
3. In 1878, W. Lavalette received Patent for Printing Press (variation)
4. In 1962, Fourth Black church burned near Dawson, Georgia. Three white men later admitted burning the church. They were sentenced to seven-year prison terms.
5. In 1968, Diahann Carrol, Actress and Singer, became the first Black in a lead role in the TV Sitcom (Julia).
6. In 1970, The Flip Wilson Show premieres on NBC. It is the first prime time variety show starring an African American male since the Nat King Cole Show.
7. In 1983, Vanessa Williams, Acclaimed recording artist and actress became the first Black woman to be crowned Miss America.