1. In 1848, Lester Walton appointed minister to Liberia.
2. In 1861, President Lincoln read first draft of Emancipation Proclamation to Cabinet.
3. In 1879, M. W. Binga received Patent for Street sprinkling apparatus
4. In 1939, Jane M. Bolin appointed Judge, Became the first Black Female Judge.
5. In 1963, Sony Liston wins the heavyweight boxing title by defeating Floyd Patterson
6. In 2010, President Barack Obama signs ‘improper payments’ legislation, The new law will strengthen the efforts by federal agencies to halt the flow of improper money in a series of ways. Among those steps: requiring more audits of programs and adding penalties for agencies that don’t comply with the law. The legislation also broadens how any recovered money can be used.