1. In 1794, Richard Allen founded the AME Church in Philadelphia.
2. In 1850, St. Andrews African Methodist Episcopal (A. M. E.) Church of Sacramento, California founded.
3. In 1854, James Augustine Healy ordained in Paris, France, thus becoming the first African-American priest in the Catholic Church.
4. In 1890, D. Johnson received Patent for Grass receivers for lawn mower
5. In 1899, Improved Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the W (IBPOEW) founded in Cincinnati.
6. In 1964, U.S. Senate imposed cloture for first time on a civil rights measure, ending Southern Filibuster by a vote of 71-29. Civil rights bill, with public accommodation and fair employment sections, was signed by President Johnson on July 2.
7. In 1969, M. C. Gourdine received Patent for Electrogas Dynamic mtd. & Apparatus
8. In 2007, Lewis Hamilton, a 22-year old rookie, won the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal in a race filled with caution flags. Hamilton won by 4.3 seconds.