No Photo Available
1. William Hayden Brown, A graduate of West High School on June 1940, The Ohio State University Bachelor of Architecture Degree on December 1948. A life member of the OSU Alumni Association and Alpha Rho Chi fraternity. A member of The American Institute of Architects, The Architects Society of Ohio and a charter member and past president of the Columbus Chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute. After a number of years associated with prominate architectural firms in Columbus and in private practice the last 24 years of his career were with Karlsberger Company Architects, retiring as vice president in 1997. A member of West Gate Lodge No. 623, F & A.M. since 1946. A former long term member of Hoge Memorial Presbyterian Church and former member of Westminster Church in Lincoln Village. A veteran of WWII, Navy Reserve, was commissioned a Naval Aviator and served as flight instructor in twin engine aircraft at Pensacola Naval Air Station
2. Roscoe Robinson, Gospel Artist, “Heavenly Soul Music”, “Why Must It End”. gospel and soul singer. Robinson recorded as a gospel solo artist in the 1950s with Trumpet Records, and sang in groups such as The Five Trumpets, Highway QCs, and The Fairfield Four. He began recording secular soul in the 1960s, and had two charting hits: “That’s Enough” (U.S. #62, U.S. R&B #7) in 1966, and “Do It Right Now” (U.S. R&B #40) in 1967.Robinson began recording again as a gospel artist in the 1980s, releasing solo albums as well as performing with The Blind Boys of Mississippi, though he is not him self blind. He recorded into the 2000s, releasing the albums So Called Friends in 2003 and Gospel Stroll in 2005.
3. Bernard Shaw, Former CNN anchor, Journalist and the principal Washington anchor for Cable News Network, where he will be widely respected for his coverage of world summit meetings, the historic student demonstrations in Beijing, Presidential primaries and elections, and the Gulf War.
4. Paul Winfield, television, film, and stage actor. He was known for his portrayal of a Louisiana sharecropper who struggles to support his family during the Great Depression in the landmark film Sounder which earned him anAcademy Award nomination. Winfield also portrayed Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in the television miniseries King, for which he was nominated for an Emmy Award.
5. Naomi Campbell, Supermodel, has a chain of “Fashion Cafe'” establishments along with models Claudia Schiffer, Elle MacPherson, and Christy Turlington.