1. In 1669, An African American man named Emmanuel was baptized April 13, 1669, (Palm Sunday) in a Lutheran congregation in New York.
2. In 1873, Colfax Massacre, Easter Sunday morning, Grant Parish, Louisiana. More than sixty Blacks were killed.
3. In 1963, Sidney Poitier Won Oscar for best actor in Lilies of the Fields.
4. In 1966, Andrew F. Brimmer, economist and former Professor of Economics at University of Pennsylvania, is nominated by President Lyndon B. Johnson to serve as a Governor of the Federal Reserve System. This appointment represented the first black to serve in this capacity.
5. In 1997, Eldrick Tiger Woods wins the 61st Masters Tournament in Augustus ,Georgia at the age of 21 becoming the youngest person to ever win this tournament. He was 18 under par.