1. In 1870, 141 Years ago Today, 15th amendment gave Blacks the right to vote.
2. In 1886, 125 Years ago Today, J. Ricks received Patent for Horseshoe
3. In 1941, 70 Years ago Today, National Urban League presented one-hour program over a national radio network and urged equal participation for Blacks in national defense program.
4. In 1960, 51 Years ago Today, Eighteen Students was suspended from S.U. Baton Rouge La. for paticipating in sit-ins.
5. In 2009, 2 Years ago Today, President Obama signed the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act.