1. In 1898, W. J. Ballow received Patent for Combined Hatrack And Table
2. In 1940, Joe Louis KOs Johnny Paycheck in 2 rounds to retain heavyweight boxing title.
3. In 1961, The 23rd Amendment ratified, allows Washington D.C. residents to vote for president.
4. In 1961, After a 4 year trial Nelson Mandela is acquitted on treason charge.
5. In 1966, Muhammad Ali beats George Chuvalo in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
6. In 1976, 8 Ohio National Guardsmen indicted for killing 4 and wounding nine other unarmed Kent State University students. It was popularly known as the Kent State massacre.