1. In 1890, Jan E. Matzeliger received Patent for Tack separating mechanis
2. In 1931, Scottsboro Boys arrested in Point Rock Alabama. The Scottsboro Boys were nine African American teenagers, ages 12 to 19, accused in Alabama of raping two white women. The landmark set of legal cases from this incident dealt with racism and the right to a fair trial. The cases included a lynch mob before the suspects had been indicted, all-white juries, rushed trials, and disruptive mobs. It is commonly cited as an example of a miscarriage of justice in the United States legal system. On November 21, 2013, Alabama’s parole board voted to grant posthumous pardons to the last three Scottsboro Boys who had not been pardoned or had their convictions overturned.
3. In 1965, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. led 25,000 civil rights marchers from Selma to the state capitol in Montgomery, Al.
4. In 1988, Robin Givens demands full access to husband Mike Tyson’s money.
5. In 1991, Emanuel Cleaver was elected the first Black Mayor of Kansas City, Mo.
6. In 1991, Whoopi Goldberg. became the second black actress to win an Oscar. Supporting Actress in Ghost.