1. In 1863, Two infanty regiments, First and Second South Carolina Volunteers, captured and occupied Jacksonville, Fla., causing panic along Southern seaboard.
2. In 1896, D. N. Roster Received Patent for Feather Curler
3. In 1963, Wilt Chamberlain of NBA SF Warriors scores 70 points vs Syracuse.
4. In 1972, Maya Angelou became the first Black woman to have a motion picture produced.
5. In 1972, Three thousand delegates and five thousand observers attended the a Black political convention in Gary, Indiana. The NAACP and other groups withdrew from the convention after the adoption of resolutions critical of busing and the state of Israel.
6. In 1983, Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” is the #1 pop single and the first single from Jackson’s Thriller LP, released in 1982, the best-selling album ever. “Billie jean” written by Jackson and produced by Quincy Jones, sold over two million copies and remained at the #1 spot on the pop singles chart for seven weeks.