1. In 1890, W. A. Martin received Patent for Lock
2. In 1892, Dr Miles V Lynk, physician, published the first Black medical journal.
3. In 1929, “Don’t Buy Where You Can’t Work” campaign began in Chicago with picketing of Chain stores on South Side, fall. The campaign spread to New York, Cleveland, Los Angeles and other cities and continued throughout the Depression.
4. In 1929, Mordecai W. Johnson received Spingarn Medal for his work as the first Black president of Howard University.
5. In 1929, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority incorporated.
6. In 1959, Colin Luther Powell Promoted to the rank of First Lieutenant:
7. In 1960, Poet Langston Hughes presented Spingarn Medal and cited as “the poet laureate of the Negro race.”
8. In 1960, Two U.S. courts issued temporary injunctions to prevent eviction of about seven hundred Black sharecroppers in Haywood and Fayetter counties, Tennessee for registering to vote.
9. In 1966, Fifth day of Kwanzaa, Celebrating the Fifth of Seven Principles, Nia (Purpose)