1. In 1816, American Colonization Society organized, It was the primary vehicle for proposals to return Slaves to greater freedom in Africa, and helped to found the colony of Liberia in 1821–22, as a place to send people who were formerly enslaved.
2. In 1897, C. V. Richey Received Patent for Fire Escape Bracket Patent No. 596,427
3. In 1918, Sixty Blacks were reported lynched in 1918.
4. In 1918, Spingarn Medal awarded to William Stanley Braithwaite, poet, literary critic and editor, for distinguished achievement in literature.
5. In 1966, Third day of Kwanzaa, Celebrating the third of seven principles, Ujima (Collective Work And Responsibility)
6. In 1977, Karen Farmer becomes the first African American member of the Daughters of the American Revolution when she traces her ancestry back to William Hood, a solider in the Revolutionary War.