1. John Mercer Langston, Congressman, attorney, diplomat, dean of the law school and president of Howard University.
2. Viola Gertrude Wells, Rhythm and Blues Artist.
3. Martha Davis, Vocalist and Pianist.
4. Clark Terry, Trumpet and Flugel Horn.
5. Hal Williams, Actor (227).
6. Ernie Davis was a star running back at Syracuse University; first black player to win the Heisman Trophy in 1961; drafted by the Washington Redskins and traded to Cleveland but died the following year of leukemia before playing a pro game.
7. Stanley Crouch, drummer, poet and writer for The Village Voice.
8. Ken Hill, Major League Baseball Player.
9. Lewis McNeir, Rhythm and Blues Artist (The Four Tops).