1. In 1753, Soldier & patriot James Robinson is born. When he won a medal for bravery at the Battle of Yorktown, he was promised his freedom for fighting with the Americans. After the revolutionary war was over, he was sold back into slavery.
2. In 1899, A. Mendenhall Received Patent for Holder for Driving Reins for horses.
3. In 1899, W. Burwell received Patent for Boot or Shoe
4. In 1933, R. B. Spikes received Patent for Transmission and shifting there of.
5. In 1950, F. M. Jones received Patent for Two-Cycle Gasoline Engine
6. In 1961, Ernie Davis became the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy.