1. In 1867, Louisiana constitutional convention (forty-nine white delegates and forty-nine Black delegates) met in Mechanics Institute, New Orleans.
2. In 1897, Andrew J. Beard invented the jerry coupler (car-coupler) still used today to connect railroad cars, Patent # 594,059.
3. In 1897, E. R. Robinson Received Patent for Casting Composite
4. In 1897, J. L. Love received Patent for Pencil sharpener Patent No. 594,114
5. In 1905, Fifty-seven Blacks reported lynched.
6. In 1907, Alice Freeman Palmer Institute in Sedalia, North Carolina, founded by Charlotte Hawkins Brown, was renamed and incorporated as Palmer Memorial Institute.
7. In 1980, 1000 people from twenty five states gather in Philadelphia and form the National Black Independent Party.
8. In 1990, The Piano Lesson, a play by August Wilson, wins the Pulitzer Prize for drama. It also won the Peabody Award 1996, New York Drama Critics Award for Best Play 1990′ Circle Award, Drama Desk Award Outstanding New Play.
9. In 2020, An all-Black officiating crew worked an NFL game for the first time in league history when the Los Angeles Rams faced the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.