1. In 1881, P. Johnson received Patent for Swinging chairs
2. In 1887, Granville T. Woods patented his railway Telegraph.
3. In 1894, Freedman’s Hostpital School of Nursing was founded by Dr. Daniel Hale Williams.
4. In 1898, J. W. Outlaw received Patent for Horseshoes
5. In 1898, Lyda A. Newman (New York City, NY) patented a hair brush which permitted easy cleaning by having a detachable unit which carried the brush and bristles.
6. In 1979, Spingarn Medal awarded to Rosa L. Parks, who was the Catalyst in the Montgomery Bus Boycott of 1955-56.