1. In 1888, J. S. Coolidge received Patent for Harness Attachment
2. In 1894, A. C. Richardson received Patent for Casket-lowering device, Patent No. 529,311
3. In 1913, , Pioneering surgeon, Dr Daniel Hale Williams, becomes a member of the American College of Surgeons.
4. In 1913, The first Black elected to the American College of Surgeons was Dr. Daniel Hale Williams who was also the first person to perform openheart surgery.
5. In 1951, Janet Collins, Ballerina, becomes the first Black dancer to appear with the Metropolitan Opera Company.
6. In 1956, Supreme Court upheld lower court decision which banned segregation on city buses in Montgomery, Alabama. Federal injunctions prohibiting segregation on the buses were served on city, state and bus company officials, December 20. At two mass meetings Montgomery Blacks called off year-long bus boycott. Buses were inte…
7. In 1967, Carl Stokes, elected mayor of Cleveland, Ohio.
8. In 1985, Dwight Gooden, New York Mets pitcher won the Cy Young Award making him the youngest pitcher ever to win this prestigous award.